Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sunday, April 22, 1900



         Again, it is very late, and all my room-mates are sleeping.  I have my candle and my diary, and I am the happiest girl in Scotland.  Angus loves me, he told me so a dozen times today.
         I met him at usual in the little tea shop  and he took me to a little inn some distance away from Thurso.  He took me in for a wonderful lunch. I couldn’t help but wonder what my Mam would have thought of such a place.   I could not tell you what we ate, it’s all a blur.  When the waiter brought us a bottle of champagne Angus said it was just the thing to finish off such a grand meal.  He coaxed me to drink it, and it tickled my nose.  I have never had such a delicious drink, and had two glasses before I began to feel dizzy and light-headed.  “Poor wee lassie, you need to lay down,” was the last thing I remember. 
         I must have slept for a little while, for when I woke up it was afternoon, and I was laying on a bed.  Angus was laying beside me, and his arms were around me.  “I am in love with you, Jean,” he said, and kissed me.  Then he sang “My love is like a red, red rose, that surely blooms in spring.”
         I was absolutely powerless to move.  He made wonderful love to me.  I knew what it was like between a man and a woman, but it did not know how it could make a body tingle, all the way down to my toes.  It certainly was different from the way I have seen the farm animals in their mating!  I think we made love three times that afternoon.  By the time I returned it was way past tea time, and barely escaped being locked out. 
         What is next for us, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment