Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday, May 27, 1900



         I could barely eat the nice tea Mam had prepared for me last Sunday, I was off my food completely.  She kept looking at me strangely, and asked me how I was feeling.  I told her I was just tired, it had been a hard week.  I am still so sad, but I daren’t tell anyone, least of all my parents, that I was married in the highland way – they would have me off to the priest and confess my ‘sins’.  The odd thing is, we didn’t sin in the eyes of God, I know this in my heart.  But I have nothing to prove it, no paper, no nothing, but his bible – and it doesn’t even have his name on the flyleaf. 
         Now I fear the worst that could happen to a girl like me.  I should have had my monthlies this last week, and I have never been late before.  Could it be?  Whatever shall I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment